This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Splash Screen Of Support Files InstallShield 11

2 replies to this topic

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 12:20

Dear All,
Using a Basic MSI project in InstallShield 11 we can show splash image file.
Using a splash Screen under support file one can enter n-numbers of image files (bmp). However only one file will be shown as default. This is the last file entered.
I want to show each of these files one by one as splash while installation is running.

How to do it?

Thanks
Sanjoy

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 February 2006 - 16:40

You are confusing Splash Screen (which is displayed surting startup of your install) and Billboards (which are shown during file copy)

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 27 February 2006 - 06:29

Thanks Stefan ,

I was also thinking the same. However I was confused as Splash files addition table is taking more than one file. So I thought I could display them one by one in some other way.

I have now created two billboard Control (BBControl).
Two BillBoard with ordering 1 and 2.
Added the name of the BMP files along with the path in the Binnary table, that are refered in the BBControl.
Added a BillBoard Control in the SetUpProgress Dialog.
Named the BillBoard Control added on the Progres dialog same name as given in the BBControl Table.

Now what to do? How to activate and show the bmp file one by one in this billboard control.?

Please give me some hints.

Thanks
Sanjoy

Edited by sanjoygr, 27 February 2006 - 14:20.