This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

icon for setup.exe??

3 replies to this topic

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 18:36

Hi,

I have an Uninstall option in the Programs folder. But the setup.exe icon does not appear next to it since i am now using the complete registry key (UninstallString) as the command line string. Is that icon part of the IS6 IDE?

TIA
HV

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 01 October 2003 - 22:22

To control the icon in Add/Remove Programs write a string value called "DisplayIcon" which has a fully qualified path pointing to an executable/icon file.
user posted image

harishv

harishv
  • Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 15:47

i figured that i need to give the IconPath (pointing to setup.exe in the DISK1TARGET) in the AddFolderIcon() function.

btw, may i suggest that all these queries & the replies that come from experts like you could go into the FAQ that you are building. it'll help avoid unnecessary traffic.

thanx
HV

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 02 October 2003 - 18:27

Yeah, I know. That's one of the items I want to put in the FAQ, and the whole reason I asked Stefan to create the forum. I just haven't had time. Right now it's still all in my head. I think what I really need to do is just add items as I go instead of trying to capture all the basic stuff the first time around.
user posted image