This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing files if the user use to

2 replies to this topic

Submit

Submit
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 16:21

Hi

In my project I have to include some folder or no it depending of what the user Want

In the setup Types Pane I added a new Setup Type, and I check the folder that the user can install or no

I declare in my code a global variable(szSection) to ask the user if he want to add or no the Section Folder

if the user want to install the folder so: szSection = 0

But my problem is that who can I join between my variable and the folder that I checked into the Setup Types pane

this is my code for the dialog

function DialogShowSectionAskOptions()
NUMBER nResult;
STRING szTitle, szMsg;
STRING szText1;
BOOL bvCheck1;
STRING szTYPESTATION;

begin
szTitle = @SECTION_MODEL_TITLE;
szMsg = @SECTION_MODEL_MSG;
szText1 = "Sections";
bvCheck1 = TRUE;

SetDialogTitle ( DLG_ASK_OPTIONS , szTitle );

nResult = AskOptions (NONEXCLUSIVE, szMsg , szText1 , bvCheck1);

if( bvCheck1 == TRUE ) then
nSectionsMobiles = 0;
endif;

return nResult;

Thanks for help

unsure.gif

Xitch13

Xitch13
  • Members
  • 134 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 18:31

I'm sorry, but I'm having a lot of trouble deciphering your question.

However, one thing I did notice was that you said you use a Global Variable called szSection to keep track of the user's choice. Where 0 indicates the user would want that folder installed.

In your code your setting the variable nSectionsMobile to 0. This is ok as long as you then set szSection = nSectionsMobile somewhere.

Other areas you may want to check:
Where you tell the setup which install the user chose
szSetupType = "Custom";
ComponentSetupTypeSet (MEDIA, szSetupType);
or Where you select the component containing the component

Something else to consider. This looks like either a TRUE (I want the folder) or FALSE (I don't want the folder) statement. I think you should use a BOOLean variable to handle this. Plus in Boolean statements, usually TRUE = 1 and FALSE = 0. This is just the conventional way of handling this, but you may want to look at that as well.

Let me know if any of this helps.
There is great chaos under heaven, and the situation is excellent. (Mao Tse Tung)

Submit

Submit
  • Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 20:23

Hi Xitchy

Yes it help, thanks for your ideas it seems good

Thanks again