This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setup.inx not found?

3 replies to this topic

franklafond

franklafond
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 01:14

I made a minor change to a project that previously worked, but when I built the project, I get:

** Error: -1024 File D:\<projectDir>\Setup.inx not found. Cannot stream the file into the Binary table.

This occurs just before the message:

Binary table successfully built.

It then goes on to complete the build. But when I go to install the Setup.exe, I get the message:

1628: Failed to complete installation.

Has anyone run into this? Any ideas?

Thanks! Frank.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 January 2002 - 20:32

Scroll up the output window. Maybe you have a compilation error in your InstallScript

aboki

aboki
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 20:40

Yeah, I've been having the same problem, but it appears to be solved. You probably renamed your script? This is from the help file:

InstallShield searches only for a file named Setup.rul when compiling the script. You can include files with different names, but they must be included in Setup.rul or in an include file with the #include preprocessor statement.

Christopher

franklafond

franklafond
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 January 2002 - 21:16

Thanks, Christopher. That helps. I had just done a SaveAs, so likely a mis-match occurred there. I'll look into it. I finally rebuilt my project from scratch - but I'd certainly like to avoid that in the future.

Thanks!