This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

By default deselect the Feature state ?

2 replies to this topic

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 14:16

Dear All,

I am using installshiled 10.50professional - admin studio edition [basic msi project].
The following are the features in my current project. for the feature tree dialog please see the attached screen shot.

1. 8i Generic Import
2. 10g Generic Import
3. Auto Import
4. Scheduler TMS Import DLL
5. Scheduler TV Guide Import DLL
6. Scheduler ICOMS Import DLL
7. Scheduler PAL Import DLL

Problems:
When the feature tree dialog appears, by default all the features has been selected, but according to my requirements it should not, By default the features "Scheduler ICOMS Import DLL" and "Scheduler PAL Import DLL" should be deselect and the other features should be selected.

2. if the user selects the "8i Generic Import" and "10g Generic Import", then i should display a message to the user plz select any one not both.

I would like to know how to get the control of the feature, weather the user has been selected or not. could please suggest anyone on this should i write custom action in VB Script or Install script.

Could you please share the piece of sorce code if any one have ?

thanks in advance,
Reddy611.

Attached Images

• Resized_features.jpg

Edited by reddy611, 19 June 2007 - 14:47.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 June 2007 - 09:42

Go to Property Manager and look up the value of INSTALLLEVEL. Now go to Features view and set the InstallLevel of "Scheduler ICOMS Import DLL" and "Scheduler PAL Import DLL" to a value higher than the INSTALLLEVEL. This will make them un-selected by default.

reddy611

reddy611
  • Full Members
  • 117 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 09:05

Thank you Stefan Krueger