This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ERROR_SERVICE_DOES_NOT_EXIST

1 reply to this topic

shetty

shetty
  • Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 13:09

Hi,

I am installing some of the exe's onto a particular directory \xxx\xxx\bin\......These exe's are suppose to run as service. I am using ServiceAddService to add these services on to Service Manager. Things work fine. But during an OVERWRITE installation, i have to stop the services and install. When i used ServiceStopService function, i am getting the error No 1060 - "The specified service does not exist as an installed service." The question is "What is the Installed Service". I presume the services which are created using the ServiceAddService built in function are the service which are installed.

Also, Is it Mandatory to Stop/Kill the existing service before repair/overwrite the existing exe's?

Manjunath

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 16 February 2004 - 13:31

What parameters do you pass to ServiceStopService? I don't think you should pass the path tho the file, but the name of the service.