This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Change information of setup.exe

6 replies to this topic

rahuld

rahuld
  • Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 22 September 2005 - 19:07

HI,

After creating setup.exe and if you right click and select Property then on Version's Tab, there are list of items that are displayed like, File version, Company Name, File Version, Internal Name, Product Name, Product version in the list box. I want to change this information as per my project.

Can anybody hass any idea on this.

Thanks in advance.

Rahul

stdcplusplus

stdcplusplus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 04:47

I have the same problem,
have you solved that problem,
if you did,please tell me , Thanks a lot!!!

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 07 November 2005 - 07:30

I believe this information is for Installshield since it is their bootstrapper. It may, however, be possible to change this information if you open the setup.exe as a resource file in Visual Studio.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

stdcplusplus

stdcplusplus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:50

thanks a lot.
I have try it . I can open the resource of the setup.exe, but if I change the data,
the setup.exe can't run.
Strangetly, I can change the other exe file's resource by this way. I think it seems that
installshield has some mechanism to protect the setup.exe.

Attached Images

• iface.gif

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 11:49

I am not sure if this is a custom protection feature, or just happening because the date should also be changed for the file attributes themselves and not just for the internal version number. Maybe try using a tool to change the file's actual create/modify date and then change the internal date to match the file date itself.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 02:00

Please note that you may be violating the Installshield EULA by modifying the setup.exe like this. At the very least they will probably not provide support for your setup if you do this.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

stdcplusplus

stdcplusplus
  • Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 09:50

what tools?