This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to set the default installation location

1 reply to this topic

joeychou1985

joeychou1985
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 15:10

Hello, How you doing?

When I "Edit the default installation location", I do not want to install the application at the "ProgramFilesFolder", I tried to create a folder named "PV", this folder is parallel to the ProgramFilesFolder. I set the INSTALLDIR under this "PV" folder. I do "build installations" and generate the installation file. When I run the installation file, the default installation shows to be "D/PV/application". I tried at some of my friends' computer. Sometimes, it is on "C/PV/application". It seems that the destination disk is randomly chosen.

Could you tell me how to set the default installation location to be at "C/PV/application" all the time?

Thank you so much~

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 May 2010 - 15:38

Do you really mean
D/PV/application
or
D:/PV/application

I mean: is the missing : the problem? Or that it sometimes installs on the D: drive instead of the C: drive?

You could check the Directory table to see what is selected as the parent for the PV folder. To force installation to the C drive you could add a custom action (type 51 - set a property) that sets the destination proeprty of this folder. Insert this custom action in the InstallUI and I´nstallExecute sequences before CostFinalize each.

BTW in general it is recommended to install to a subfolder of the ProgramFilesFolder.