This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ISDEV fatal Error 0

4 replies to this topic

ninadbhise

ninadbhise
  • Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 08:04

Migrated a project created in IS Express 4 to IS DevStudio 9 basic msi project.

Building the project gives followin errors :
Building CAB files...
Data1.cab built
Files built
ISDEV : fatal error 0:
Express\SingleImage - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)
Log file has been created: D:\achal\DevStudio\ProjectFW\Express\SingleImage\LogFiles\10-18-2003 02-04-00 PM.txt

What could be the cause? We even tried Building a blank project but result is same.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 October 2003 - 10:58

One possible cause is use of an invalid RTF file in a scrollable text field on a dialog (typically the license agreement dialog).

http://support.insta...ticleid=q107879

viralpatelv

viralpatelv
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 21:49

It is just that some icons like setup icon and uninstall icon's property has default 0 index set with the icon referenced from installshield folder "C:\Program Files\InstallShield\2009\Redist\Language Independent\OS Independent". Just copy and paste it in your folder and give all icon references to you project icon files only. This will remove all "ISDev error: 0: " error. I faced same error and removed it just by doing that.

ktbrownusa

ktbrownusa
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 15:30

I'm running into the ISDEV: fatal error 0: problem. I have looked into the two issues mentioned here, but have not found a solution. I am getting this at the end of my verbose log:
Performing Upgrading and Patching Validation
Running Validator Val0002
Running Validator Val0005
Running Validator Val0008
Running Validator Val0013
ISDEV : fatal error 0:
No database is open. Illegal operation.

Any ideas? What do is meant by the previous post about copying icons?

Any help would be much appreciated!

Kevin
InstallShield 2011

ktbrownusa

ktbrownusa
  • Full Members
  • 10 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 20:01

I found that this error was being caused by setting the disk folder to build on a network drive. This caused not only the Memo error for the license file but also the ISDEV : fatal error 0: .
Hope this helps someone else.
Kevin