This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Icon woes

2 replies to this topic

Talyrond

Talyrond
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 13:52

I am having trouble associating my icon with a file extension. I have checked as best I can with Orca the Extension, Icon and ProgId tables and all seems well

With out going into to much details yet, maybe some one will know what is going on if I describe the results I am getting.

The problem is that, say when I expect the 32x32 icon to be displayed say on the desktop, it uses the 16x16 and puts it on a document type icon, you know the one that has the top right hand corner folded over.
My icon does not have this document type view at all, so I am bemused as to what is going on.

Please see attached picture showing the problem

Thanks for your help in this mater

Julian

Attached Images

• Icon.jpg

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 16:16

Is this an advertised shortcut? All my issues with icons for advertised s/c have been due to incorrect or missing association with a feature. I'll wager the icon you're getting is the one set up as Windows' default.
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

Talyrond

Talyrond
  • Full Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 November 2007 - 16:38

Hi, yes this is an advertized shortcut. When you say Windows default icon do you mean the icon used for files that have no extension?

Julian