This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installer can't access the Source

2 replies to this topic

Dynas

Dynas
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 May 2002 - 15:27

When we push down the packages they install fine and as long as we have a connection to the network tey work great. As soon as we remove the network connection and the user tries to run the software the installer comes up and can't access the source files.

This apparently does NOT occur if we manually run the msi and do not use the gp to push it down.

John.burke@nbtel.nb.ca

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 13:30

it sounds like the installer might have some trouble with the package and require a re-install when the user tries to run it.  the msi service tries to perform a self-repair but is unable to find the source files.

i would suggest that you try and determine what part of the application is being re-installed.  was the installation set with elevated privledges and installed for all users ?

if you are unable to determine what is triggering the re-install you might want to copy the msi to a secure directory on the the local system first.  then install the msi from there so that the source msi is always available...( i would try and determine where the problem is myself ).

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 25 July 2002 - 13:32

oh yah, another option to patch the problem on systems that already have the application is to copy the msi to a local secure directory and then 're-point' the msi source information to that secure directory...

hth...