This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Looking for samples for Build Automation in C++

2 replies to this topic

Eric Pope

Eric Pope
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 05 January 2006 - 22:02

Hi, I'm looking for some sample code that demonstrates the use of the WindowsInstaller API for changing a property in an MSI database. I'm trying to upgrate our build automation wizard (C++ Project) to set the version numbers on our products after each incremental test build. I've been looking at the sample directory in the MSI SDK but I need extra help.

Thanks

Eric Pope

Eric Pope
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 19:04

So today I was looking at the vb scripts that come with the installer sdk and I tried to make my own script that would change the Properties, ProductVersion value. Something odd is happening. It looks like I changed the version but when I open the msi in orca it shows the original version. I can change the version to some random string and it gets saved domewhere but apperently not in the msi database file. Where is it getting saved I wonder?

Sample input / output (I tested my script on the orca.msi file)

C:\MSI386.SDK\Tools\versionbump.vbs orca.msi 1.222

Old Product Version: 1.10.1029.1
New Product Version: 1.222

and i double check to see if it really changed:
C:\MSI386.SDK\Tools\versionbump.vbs orca.msi

Product Version: 1.222

Then looking in Orca it is still the same number: 1.10.1029.1
I also checked the registry entry for the orca application thinking maybe the version number was getting saved there but it was the original 1.10.1029.1 too. So I changed that to 1.10.1029.1ep to see if the number in orca would change... but it didn't.

Eric Pope

Eric Pope
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 January 2006 - 20:24

Disregard last post, the problem was I was looking at the wrong file blink.gif

How embarrassing! wacko.gif