This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Error 2602 when applying patch with MSI Version 2.0

3 replies to this topic

Minch

Minch
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 December 2001 - 06:05

Hi,

We have been generating major upgrade patches for our application fine up until the release of the new version 2 of the windows installer.

We have had 5 upgrades, so the patch we produce can update from any of the original releases to the latest. The problem is that if we upgrade from Version 1 to Version 2 of our product everything works ok but once we take bigger steps (eg Version 1 to 3) we get an error 2602 and the upgrade fails.

Has anyone else had such problems with the new version of the installer? If so how did you fix it?

Thanks,

Adam

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 21 December 2001 - 22:21

Did you make sure the version relationsship is set to "new version = old version" instead of "new version >= old version" when you create the patch?

Minch

Minch
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 January 2002 - 00:15

Stefan,

Yes I have checked the patch property that you spoke of and each of my target images in using the default value which is: MSITRANSFORM_VALIDATE_UPDATEVERSION + MSITRANSFORM_VALIDATE_NEWEQUALBASEVERSION + MSITRANSFORM_VALIDATE_UPGRADECODE + MSITRANSFORM_VALIDATE_PRODUCT
according to the help and this is new = old.

Any other ideas?

Adam

pantoine

pantoine
  • Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 03 February 2002 - 06:13

Make sure that each one of your .pcp files contains the PatchGUID of each one of your previous patches.  That solved the problem in one case I'd seen before.