This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

status bar

5 replies to this topic

kavitha

kavitha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 18:12

I have three components and I am trying to install one after the other in one shot.But as soon as first component's data gets transferred,status bar is updating to the maximum value given say 100.When I try to update the status after onfirstuibefore event the scale is not increasing and stays at zero.What can I do
to solve this?I want the status bar to reach 100 only after all three components are installed.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 11 February 2002 - 22:07

I'd check two things.  Make sure you have initialized the status bar via the following code:

// SETUP DEFAULT STATUS
   SetStatusWindow(0, "");
   Enable(STATUSEX);
   StatusUpdate(ON, 100);

I do this at the very end of OnFirstUIBeforeN( ).

Also, if you're doing any manual file copies, you need to do some things to the status bar.  'cause otherwise, I remember reading somewhere that the status bar will jump to 100%.

kavitha

kavitha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 05:53

I use the same code at the very end of onfirstuibefore.
when the first component data is transferred status bar becomes 100.Then on installed event of that
component is being called.After this when it is trying to transfer the next component the status bar is not reinitializing ,still showing 100.

kavitha

kavitha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 06:22

Yes you are right.I just noticed that there is a manual file copy using copyfiles.What should I do to prevent
status bar from jumping to 100.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 12 February 2002 - 15:34

According to the help topic "StatusUpdate", it looks like you must disable the status bar updates prior to each manual file copy, and afterwards, re-enable it.  The code would go something like this:

StatusUpdate(OFF, 100);
// COPY FILE
StatusUpdate(ON, 100);

Of course, the other solution is to simply postpone your file copies until AFTER all the components have been transferred.

kavitha

kavitha
  • Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 09:44

Thanks.I already opted for the second solution and now is working perfectly.