This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Which tool to choose: ID7 or WfWI

2 replies to this topic

leslieh

leslieh
  • Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 November 2001 - 20:50

I'm using IS 5.5 for all of our products installations and now want to move these to windows installer installations. I heard that ID7 is buggy and sort of worst software so should I consider WfWI from Wise solution? Pls help me make the decision. I need the tool that is user-friendly and does what it says.
Thanks a lot!

Christof

Christof
  • Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 07 November 2001 - 08:58

Hi,
you will not find so much "Wise friends" here.

Your decision depends on the software you have to install. Both product have advanteages in different parts - ISD is a standard and you can find help in newsgroups, support - there a lot of people out there using InstallShield.
I know only the old versions of wise, and they are a little bit more easy to use but IS has more details for more complex setups.

I can only  say that we can solve all our setup problems with ISD.

stevec

stevec
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 31 January 2002 - 09:56

I am in the same  boat.  I have used install shield in the past, without much issue.  Never considered WISE.  But the experince of the past 3 weeks with ISD7 made me download the eval for Wise.   My decision is to work with the devil I know - ISD7.  Install Shield should be ashamed at this release, very buggy, even for the basic stuff.