This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Creating Uninstallation for Quick Patch Project

4 replies to this topic

Chetan

Chetan
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2009 - 15:09

Greetings friends,

I am using Installshield 2008 Premier edition, I am able to build the Quick patch successfully, and i am doing the following settings Under Quick patch project IDE, In Installation Designer; under Patch Settings select General Information ; Next select Build Settings and at the right hand side pane select the first tab named as Common and in that check the checkbox option Patch Uninstallation Allow Patch to be Uninstalled(Requires Windows Installer 3.0)

After setting this option; where do i find this uninstallation option whether it will display in add/remove program or will it create a shortcut in the start up menu under already installed parent product...

After running the patch i verified in add/remove programs i didn't found; then where exactly it will be present and how to uninstall the patch if present because patch has been run by double clicking Update.exe

Please help..

regards
[/B][/B][B]

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 07:35

Which project type are you using?

In MSI, uninstallable patches are displayed in Add/Remove Programs control panel under the entry of the main package. You may need to check the box "display updates" in the control panel.

Chetan

Chetan
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 24 September 2009 - 10:05

Hi Stefan

Thanks for the reply

i am using Installscript MSI, even i o check the box "display updates" in the control panel. Indeed didn't found...

And also i tried in path C:\Program Files\InstallShield Installation Information
this folder will be hidden; when i checked in this folder it contains the information of installed setup.... then where patch information will be stored

Then how do i uninstall the quick patch ??

Edited by Chetan, 24 September 2009 - 10:06.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:55

THIS SECTION IS NOT FOR MSI (WINDOWS INSTALLER) PROJECTS, not even for "InstallScript MSI"

Moving thread to InstallScript MSI forum

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 25 September 2009 - 06:57

I'm not using the InstallScripot MSI project myself, and since it's a combination of Windows Installer and InstallScxript, with an external user interface, I'm not sure where this information is stored. I wasn't even aware that QuickPatches are possible with this project type.