This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Changing install directory problem

3 replies to this topic

badzoy07

badzoy07
  • Full Members
  • 27 posts

Posted 04 June 2009 - 10:12

I'm encountering problem when installing our application in a different location, the folder are messed up and our components are not aligned anymore. But installing in a default directory works well. I checked the table during debug and it seems to have two(2) value for install directory. Please does someone knows how to fix the problem? Thank you in advance.

VBScab

VBScab
  • Full Members
  • 436 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 10:23

Is there perhaps a Custom Action which sets INSTALLDIR?
- Don't know why 'x' happened? Want to know why 'y' happened? ProcMon will tell you.
- Try using http://www.google.com before posting.
- I answer questions only via forums. Please appreciate the time I give here and don't send me personal emails.

KathyMorey

KathyMorey
  • Full Members
  • 111 posts

Posted 08 June 2009 - 13:48

Do you use merge modules? If so, you might check to make sure that those files are going to the non-default location. If not, you can set the property on the merge module to use INSTALLDIR instead of the merge module's default directory.
Kathy Morey
Synergy Software Engineer
ProfitStars, a Jack Henry Company
kmorey@profitstars.com

Matthias1967

Matthias1967
  • Full Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 19 January 2010 - 10:08

I have similar issues:

In order to adapt the target directories for components form merge modules, I have to set the destination of the merge module to INSTALLDIR.

However, there are also cases where I would need it the other way round:

The target for a component is determined and set to a property in AppSearch. An entry with the same name exists in the directory table, and it is dependent on INSTALLDIR. So in target resolution (UI sequence), the target directory is set to the property determined in AppSearch, then the user modifies INSTALLDIR in the dialog, then this dependent directory and the same-name property are modified.

The modified property (not the original one from AppSearch) is passed to the execute sequence. AppSearch is not executed again, so the target directory is finally set to the modified path depending on the user-defined INSTALLDIR.

I think the "normal" solution would be to make this directory independent from INSTALLDIR. However, what appears to make the issue more difficult, this happens in a merge module, and I have to assign the module's destination to INSTALLDIR (see above).

I think I have to make the directory name different from the name of the property I use in AppSearch and introduce a CA that sets the directory to what I need.

Is there an easier workaround?

Regards,

Matthias