This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Out of Memory

4 replies to this topic

danham

danham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 14 November 2002 - 16:10

Hi

Can anybody tell me why do u get an error that says "Runtime error 7"-Out of Memory?

I'm using IS 6 for a VB 6 app that uses Access database and Crystal Rep 8.0. I get this error when I install the file in Win2k.

Can somebody pls help?

Thanks

DanHam

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 01:56

I've never had to use Objects **knock on wood**, but since you're new to this forum I'll start out by asking some basic questions.

Which version of IS are you using?  Is Windows 2000 defined in the project as a valid OS?  Does this happen on every machine or just this one?  And, last but not least, are you really running out of memory?
user posted image

danham

danham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 05:15

Hi TacoBell00

That's right, I'm new here. I have used the VB Packaging tool before but am totally new to IS.

I'm using Installshield 6.1. and yes the four default os is defined (95,98, nt, w2k). This happens on Windows 2k only. I had an MDAC 2.1 object included (I have 2.6 but dont know to include it in my setup in IS!!!;)

It seems to be an MDAC problem but then I was using DataEnvironment with Jet 4. I tried removing the MDAC 2.1  from my project and added DAO 3.6. My project also refered to Microsoft ActiveX Library 2.5 (which uses adodb25.tlb). I have replaced this by Lib 2.1 and am now using adodb21.tlb.
This seemed to be working on most of the machines but I dont know if this is safe enough. My software will go to 5000 people so its important to get it right in the setup itself.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 19 November 2002 - 19:26

First off, W2K ships with MDAC 2.5 included, so you nee dent apply 2.1 to it.  This may be the source of your problems.

There also some key file(s) you can check to determine what version of MDAC has been applied to the system.  Those being Msdadc.dll and Oledb32.dll under C:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Ole DB\.

Along those lines, you should probably should know that XP ships with 2.7.  I don't think anything really shipped with the NT4, but 2.0 was included in SP4.
user posted image

danham

danham
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 23 November 2002 - 08:24

Hi TachoBell00,

Thanks man. This online community is really awesome. Its helped me a lot.

There were 2 problems 1.Out of memory and 2. Object '~' of Method '~' failed. I have fixed this problem with some help from some of you guys, thanks. I want to however, share this with the rest of the folks.

First all, if your program is simple try to keep the Setup simple too. My program used DataEnviron with Jet 4 conn. Many advised me to include MDAC. Apparently with MDAC you gotta make sure you are sending the right version or you have to write a script to check versions. Finally I removed MDAC from my project and just included DAO 3.6 with jet 4. Also DO NOT FORGET to include oledb32.dll in your setup. This dll should go to <targetdrive>\programfiles\system\ole db folder.

I am new to this community but its great to be here already!