This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

SQL DMO Installation

1 reply to this topic

Augusto

Augusto
  • Members
  • 32 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 13:41

I need to install SQLDMO libraries before my installation begins. I thought of doing it at the begining of the UI since I do not care about silence installs.  I do not know if that's the way to go. That's an issue. But the main issue is that I cannot get it to work when I use the merge modules (I have created an msi package that contains only the SQLDMO mm). Any clues?

Cheers,
Augusto

Rastislav Zima

Rastislav Zima
  • Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2002 - 11:10

To install things in UI doesn't have to be good idea if You want to allow silent installs.
If You want to install and use SQLDMO, apparently You have to install also some other things on which SQLDMO is dependent - I can't tell which but try to read redist.txt file on SQL server compact disc to find out, or try to run sqlredis.exe (includes ADO, OLE-DB, MDAC, ... - these things may be installed also by using mm's) to install some client components before installing SQLDMO.
ross