This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Billboards in a Basic MSI Project?

7 replies to this topic

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 19:25

Can you use billboards with Basic projects? I see in the Help documentation that this functionality is only available for InstallScript projects.

Also, another quick question on dialog customization. Can you customize the faded 'InstallShield' with the line that runs across the bottom of dialogs? In other words, can you change InstallShield to read 'CompanyXYZ', for example.

Any info is greatly appreciated.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 February 2004 - 22:10

InstallShield has no built in support for Billboards, but it's possible (MSi displayd billboards on the progress dialog, not on the background window). See:
http://www.meghnasoft.com/

The InstallShield branding can be removed or modified in a post-build script, see "Remove Dialog Branding" at http://www.installsi...en/msi/tips.htm . I don't know if you can change the wording in your project - InstallShield takes every effort to prevent this.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 10 February 2004 - 17:24

Thanks Stefan. This looks like what I'm looking for.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 13 February 2004 - 21:34

I can follow the table entries from that documentation, but the programming to actually display the pictures in the Bilboard control is a bit over my head.

I'm authoring a Basic MSI project and I've added a Billboard control to the SetupProgress dialog. I wish there was an easy way to show some pics.

Oh well, it was a good thought anyway!

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 14 February 2004 - 12:06

Unfortunately it's not really simple to do.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 February 2004 - 15:06

Oh well, thanks anyway.

I'll see if I can figure it out when I have time.

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 19 February 2004 - 19:35

If there is anyone out there that can help me with this, I would greatly appreciate it!!! I simply want to display 3-5 .bmp files on the SetupProgress dialog during my Basic MSI project install process.

Basically, I want to impress the higher-ups in a currently struggling company to keep a solid hold on my job, so no pressure.

Thanks to anyone who can help.

I think I can take the documentation provided by Stefan to make any necessary table entries. I just don't know how to program it to display the pics for 15 seconds or so per pic.

Could I have someone in our development department write something here? The only problem is, I wouldn't be able to tell them what needs to be done.

I guess I have a situation at any rate.

Thanks again to anyone who might be able to add something to help ease my pain. biggrin.gif

Superfreak3

Superfreak3
  • Full Members
  • 437 posts

Posted 20 February 2004 - 15:02

Can this somehow be done using VBScript?