This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

How to create .ism projects dynimically?

2 replies to this topic

suneetha

suneetha
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 23 October 2007 - 07:27

Hai, I am working on pure Instalscript projects using Installshield 12 professional edition. Can any one help me to clarift my doubt...
My scenario is
I would like to display wizard as shown below.(all these features are displayed with checkbox option)
• Welcome menu dialog
• License key dialog
• User selection dialog
• License agreement dialog
• Destination folder selection dialog
• Disk space requirements window dialog
• Setup types dialog
• Associate file types dialog
• Install software dialog
• Add shortcuts dialog
• Display Release notes dialog
• Open software dialog
• Reboot the system dialog
with these options. The tool instaler can select/deselect these features.Suppose for a particular software, the tool installer wants to display a welcome dialog box,License agrrement dilalog box and Shortcuts dialog box, he will select these features. Depending upon the selections made by the tool installer it creates a new .ism project.
Can I implement this scenario using Installscript projects?How to do this?please help me.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 October 2007 - 13:45

The dialogs are displayed by the script, so you would have to dynamically modify the .rul script source file. By the way the IstallShield IDE does this already for you, so why do you try to duplicate this functionality?

suneetha

suneetha
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 26 October 2007 - 06:57

I am implenting Generic Instaaler projects.Depending upon the selection made by the user,the .ism project is created with the selected dialog boxes.So I need to create .ism project dynamically..Did u get it what I said?