This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

More VBA problems

2 replies to this topic

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 13:32

VBA merge modules will not install localised files if the locale variant is incorrect. In other words, VBA Dutch will not install if the user is using Dutch(Belgian - 2067) rahter than Dutch standard (1043).

If the locale is unsupported VBA will install English, but not otherwise. So if the user locale is set to Dutch (Belgian), VBA localised English wil install, but VBA Dutch will not. If the user locale is Dutch (standard), VBA English will not install, but VBA Dutch will (tested on 2000 and 98).

It's heads you lose and tails you lose, since ISWI moans about including two sets of locaiised modules.

Anyone know a workround? Can I, for instance, hack the msm files and remove the language ID in the File Table? Or can I ignore the ISWI warnings, and condition stuff so that only one set of merge modules is used?

Help wd be much appreciated as I have a major user in Belgium threatening murder if he doesn't get a fix yesterday. (Users don't respond well to being asked to change their locale variants). And the same problem is going to apply to German and French (at least).

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 01 March 2002 - 15:36

I think I only post to this site to spur my brain into action! I think the above problem has been solved (though not yet had time to test it). VBA is innocent! - (well, it makes a change). My bet is now that the problem lies in the complex set of conditions used to determine which set of localised features to install, and missing locale ids.

ianmw7

ianmw7
  • Members
  • 55 posts

Posted 04 March 2002 - 18:41

The actual solution was to remove all language conditions and use release flags and language properties to control what goes into the package. On further testing we found that language conditionals of the type "SystemLanguageID=1033", (they were previously only ever been used in a "<>" condition, as recommended in the docs for English), simply do not work correctly. Rather than waste time trying to find out what the particular bug is and work round it, it seemed quicker to remove the lot. This then installs fine on all languages.
Ian Murray-Watson