This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Billboard with basic msi project

4 replies to this topic

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 16 January 2006 - 16:00

I use this method (exactly the same!!!) on a blanc (basic msi with InstallShield Dev 8) project : http://msdn.microsof...less_dialog.asp
to display billboards on the SetupProgress dialog. It works but there is an issue: the billboards appears first very rapidly and after that they parade normaly during InstallFile action.

To be sure you I'm clear, I mean:

when SetupProgress starts all billboards appears very rapidly and after that, during InstallFile they appear normaly.

Help me please

Edited by lavocat, 17 January 2006 - 08:09.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 13:42

I've seen similar reports, and if I recall correctly this is an issue with MSI 3, and there's no solution.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 19 January 2006 - 13:59

You are right.

Thanks Stefan!

Billboard bug is fixed in MSI Vista

We've got a couple of pings on a billboard bug that I thought I'd share in case others are seeing this problem.
Problem

In Windows Installer 2 billboards showed one after another smoothly during InstallFiles action. With Windows Installer version 3, billboards showed twice during the install. The first time, the billboards showed during generating script and the second time was as they were displayed normally as in Windows Installer 2.

http://blogs.msdn.co.../08/478491.aspx

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 28 February 2006 - 11:59

Dear ALL,
I WANT A LITTLE HELP FROM YOU ALL REGARDING BILLBOARD ACTIVATION USING INSTALLSHIELD 11 FOR BASIC MSI PROJECT.
AS I SEE YOU ALL HAVE DONE A LOT OF STUDIES ON BILLBOARD YOU CAN HELP ME OUT.

I HAVE ENTERED ALL REQUIRED DATA IN BBCONTROL, BILLBOARD, BINARY TABLES USNG DIRECTEDITOR. (2 BBCONTRO, 2 DIFF BILLBOARD, 2 RECORDS IN BINARY TABLE)

AFTER THIS I HAVE ADDED THE BILLBOARD CONTROL ON DIALOG SETUP PROGRESS. NOW I THINK I HAVE TO DO SOME SYNCHONIZATION OR CALL OF EVENT TO ACTIVATE THE BILLBOARD BUT I DONT KNOW EXACTLY WHAT TO DO NEXT.

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT TO DO NEXT

THANKS
SANJOY

sanjoygr

sanjoygr
  • Full Members
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 March 2006 - 08:02

I am using PictureControl on Dialog.
It is fine and working well. Looks just like billboard.
I cannot activated billboard even after puting required data in billboard table, binary table, bbcontrol.
How to call it from billboard control placed in the setup progress dialog

Thanks
Sanjoy_gr@yahoo.co.in