This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Silent Install With Silent Uninstall

1 reply to this topic

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 September 2003 - 19:06

Hi, currently I'm using the Developer 7 Standard project type to do a silent install. The silent install does the following. During the installation process, it silently uninstalls another product on the machine and silently continues the installation. So I first created two "Setup.iss" files. One for the silent uninstall and one for the entire silent installation that includes the silent uninstall. Then I made the project to do the followings. When the installation process reaches the silent uninstallation, it makes a backup copy of the "Setup.iss" file for the silent install and puts in the "Setup.iss" file for the silent uninstall. After it completes the uninstallation, it restores the "Setup.iss" file for the silent install to continue the installation. Unfortunately it didn't work. After the silent uninstation, the installation aborted and the "Setup.iss" file disappeared at the Windows directory. However when I debugged, it was OK. The installation, including the silent uninstallation, completed the entire installation process and the "Setup.iss" file for the silent install was still at the Windows directory. Would anyone please tell me what happend or give me an idea about how to use the Developer 7 Standard project type to do the project in another way? Any suggestion is welcomed. I really appreciate it. Thank you.
huh.gif

JohnWu

JohnWu
  • Full Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 23 September 2003 - 06:15

Hi, I found out how to solve the problem this morning. The "Setup.iss" file for the silent install also need to be at the same directory as the "Setup.exe" file. I tried it again and everything was OK.