This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Run another msi from within an msi

1 reply to this topic

Target Audience

Target Audience
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 03:29

Hi,

Firstly, I'm using the web project deployment/installation feature of .net

I have added a gui form that has a checkbox, asking the user if they'd like to install MSDE as well. If the user checks this box, I would like the MSDE installation to be run before the rest of the original installation takes place. (I read on a microsoft page that they now prefer you to call a products installation from within an installation, as opposed to using merge modules.)

Anyway, how do I go about this? I was able to launch a test exe file during the installation if the user checked the check box by adding the exe as a Custom Action (Install folder) and setting the condition as the checkbox. However, I havent been able to add an msi as a custom action.

Thanks for any help

ps: also, is it possible in a web project installer to add a gui form to set the path to install the web project? for example I have IIS running on another hard drive and would like to be able to select which drive to install the project to.

Thanks again

luke_s

luke_s
  • Full Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 13 July 2003 - 23:54

You should be able to kick off and installtion on the next button by using a DoAction event.