This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

CustomSetUp icons disappear

4 replies to this topic

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 10:02

I have an installation that uses the CustomSetUp dialog because it has several features (one of which is a sub-feature of another) available. This works OK normally. However, under these conditions:

Install the product -> run install again -> choose Repair -> click Back -> choose Modify

the dialog then appears but with the icons next to the feature names invisible. The feature selection states can still be edited and changed, and the dialog appears to function normally otherwise.

What can I do to eliminate this behaviour?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 September 2003 - 14:20

I suspect that this is a flaw in the MSI engine.

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:37

So... is there nothing I can do about it?

jonathan2002

jonathan2002
  • Members
  • 44 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 09:47

And if not, is there an established database of recognised IS problems, from which I could get a bug number for this problem? It's for my own company's bug-recording.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 05 September 2003 - 15:01

This would not be a InstallShield bug, but a problem in the Windows Installer runtime engine. I don't think this problem is documented in Microsoft's knowledge base.