This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Debugging in ISWI

4 replies to this topic

paul

paul
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 May 2001 - 12:29

I have scripted some Custom Actions in Installscript and inserted those in the "Sequences". My View of the MSI Debugger always Disappears and shows only a white screen. How do I debug? I have read the help, documentation , booklet and the Developers Guide Book. Who can help me? I need urgent help.
Thanx

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 May 2001 - 14:42

IPWI has two debuggers: the MSI debugger to debug the overall installation. AFAIK it works only in the UI sequence. And the InstallScript debugger to debug your InstallScript custom actions line by line.

Select "Debug InstallScript" from the Build menu.

paul

paul
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 15:16

Thanks first for you tip! I tried that, but it still does not work. So perhaps i am doing something wrong.
First I scripted an export pototype...
Then the function i declared
After that i made a custom Action and put it in the Sequences Dialog in: Install/Execute nearly behind Launchconditions. I made a Build.
The MSI Debugger shows nothing on Screen-really white!!!- and the Debug Installscript does not do anything but run my Installation without taking note on my script. Can you tell me the exact steps for debugging? Where can I set breakpoints for my script or do i have to wait for the Script debugger to appear?

Hope you can help me!
Thanx
Paul

Leigh Ravenhall

Leigh Ravenhall
  • Members
  • 269 posts

Posted 17 May 2001 - 23:11

Try placing your custom actions further down the sequence, between InstallInitialize and InstallFinalize.

paul

paul
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 18 May 2001 - 11:44

Thanks for your help! I've done what you posted. Also i contacted the Installshield support and they told me, that the Installscripts sometimes get corrupted. So i had to cut my script, delete the script file in IPWI, exit IPWI, Start IPWI, create a new script file(setup.rul!!!!) and insert the copied script. After that the Scriptdebugger works fine. Only the MSI Debugger is not working.
Thanx a lot to you all--
also Phil by Installshield
Paul