This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Get/Set radio buttons during runtime

3 replies to this topic

vvasilev

vvasilev
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 12:58

I have the following question:

I have created a custom MSI dialog with 6 radio buttons and set them disabled by default.

What I want to is to evalute some conditions during runtime and if these conditions are true, to enable the appropriate radio buttons.
After that I want to get the status of the buttons and run a custom action accordingly.

Is that possible? Are there functions to get/set status of a MSI control?
I found only CtrlGetState and CtrlSetState, but they are only for custom installscript dialogs

Thanks

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 13:24

You can't enable/disable single radio buttons, only the wholöe radio group - using the conditions tab in the dialog behaviour editor.

So you may need to create multiple radio groups on top of each other, and enable/disable and show/hide them appropriately, if that is the UI experience you really need.

vvasilev

vvasilev
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 13:47

Can I enable/disable a radio group from installscript? Are there any functions for that?

Also how to show that dialog with one (or more) already enabled radio groups and the others disabled?

I just don't have an idea how to do that...

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 19:14

In Basic MSI the user interface isn't driven by InstallScript. But you could set a property with your script which you can then use in a condition for enable or disable the readio group.

You can specify the default state of the radio group in the dialog editor. And the conditions to make it enabled or disabled are also evaluated when the dialog is displayed, so if your conditions are set appropriately you should get the desired effect.