This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Installing drivers

5 replies to this topic

olsen

olsen
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 08:17

When my program is installing I want my drivers to automatically install. I'm using USB Dongles from safenet. The problem is that when I install on a clean maschine no drivers for this Dongle is installed. Everything works perfectly when I install these driver manually, but I want this to be done automatically.

Anyone knows how this is done in Installshield?

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 09:51

You should locate a signed driver package for the USB dongle and use the DIFx toolkit to install it. Please google DIFx to find more information. The tool I generally use is called DPInst.exe.
Regards
-Stein Åsmul

olsen

olsen
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 December 2006 - 12:53

Thanks for helping me.
We are using DIFxApp.
How do I include USB drivers with Installshield?

Edited by olsen, 21 December 2006 - 13:08.

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 05:09

The easiest way I know is to run DPInst.exe in the same folder where a signed *.CAT file is located (there can be multiple CATs). This will pre-cache the drivers on the system. You can run the DPInst.exe from a custom action or wrap it all in an EXE of its own using the IExpress tool included with windows.

Sample approach for the latter:
Start : Run : IExpress : Enter
Create new Self Extraction Directive file, next
Extract files and run an installation command, next
Enter a package title, next
No Prompt, next
Do not display a license, next
Add your driver files AND DPInst.exe, next
Install Program: DPInst.exe /Q, next
Next several times until you get to the location where you specify the target path and file name, enter a path and click next
No restart, next
Save SED file, next
Create package, next

Regards
-Stein Åsmul

olsen

olsen
  • Full Members
  • 21 posts

Posted 22 December 2006 - 12:14

Thanks for your help, I REALLY appreciate it.

I've tried to download Driver Installation Tools 2.01.
And I've included the driver .msm files and the DPInst.exe.
But it still doesn't work.

The creating of packets with Driver Installation works fine, but no drivers are installed.
For usb driver my program returns 0.0.0

Quest7

Quest7
  • Full Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 07 February 2007 - 20:06

I've just been using the .exe's with LaunchAppAndWait while detecting 32 or 64 bit and launching the appropriate setup. Never had a problem. This is for the SuperPro.

Although they did just release 7.3.2 which includes support for 32 and 64 bit OS's.

LaunchAppAndWait ( TARGETDIR ^ "\\Sentinel\\Sentinel730.exe", "/v\"/qb CONFIRMUPGRADE=TRUE REBOOT=REALLYSUPPRESS\"", WAIT | LAAW_OPTION_HIDDEN);

Installs silently and upgrades if older driver exists.