This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

The install dialog Welcome is invalid

1 reply to this topic

Stan

Stan
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2001 - 16:37

When I try to "Build" a VB project, even a very simple project, I get 15 errors in the task list all dealing with install dialog invalid messages.   I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the VS installer but it shows right back up.  Any ideas?

jmsgofish

jmsgofish
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 June 2001 - 00:01

This problem occurs because of a mismatched version of MergeMod.dll. Visual Studio Installer 1.1 ships with MergeMod.dll version 1.2.x. This version may be overwritten with version 1.5.x if you have installed a beta build of Windows Whistler, Visual Studio.NET, or you have a beta version of Windows Installer 1.5.

To resolve this problem:

In Windows Explorer, click Program Files, click Common Files, click the Microsoft Shared folder, and then browse to the MSI Tools folder.

Rename the MergeMod.dll file to MergeMod.old.

Copy MergeMod.dll (version 1.2.x) from the Tools folder located in Program Files under the MSIntel.SDK folder to the MSI Tools folder.

Register MergeMod.dll with RegSvr32.exe with the following syntax:

(path to regsvr32.exe)\regsvr32.exe (path to MergeMod.dll)\mergemod.dll
You can obtain Regsvr32.exe from your system directory.

Hope this helps,
Jonathan