This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

IIS only install - help please

5 replies to this topic

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 December 2004 - 16:36

I have created any optional feature called "IIS olny install" basically this will install only web pages onto the targets PC IIS. I have no app files or anything, i just want to put the web pages into the virtual directories that i have specified.

But as usual nothing happens. It starts by quoting totally unlinked directories to me in the error message box.

Please help.
Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 27 December 2004 - 10:55

Windows Installer will verify all directories listed in your Directory table even if you're not installing anything there. Either remove these unneeded directory table entries, or make sure they have a valid value (could be a dummy value like WindowsFolder)

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 17:08

Thanks for your reply, i took your advice and well it nearly worked.

I got this new error message:
Error 1312. Cannot create directory
C:\RECYCLER\(alot of numbers)\App dir\app.exe

The interesting part here is that for the life of me i cannot find this RECYCLER dir, i have my windows set to show all hidden files and folders and no luck. Also i have no idea why it is wanting this directory and it has nothing to do with my app.

Please help.

Matt
Regards,

Matthew Burton

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 04 January 2005 - 21:29

I think that RECYCLER is the recycle bin. Does a verbose log file tell you which directory property resolves to this strange path? Or is your TEMP environment variable set to that folder?
Is app.exe your application? Some viruses install to the recycle bin.

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 05 January 2005 - 11:05

app.exe is my application yes. I found the recycler folder, was a system folder that was hidden. After making sure it was empty i proceeded to run my install project again and this time, the same error came up but this time it referenced a totally different drive and location.

I've checked my install shield project and nothing points to that location whatsoever.

Matt
Regards,

Matthew Burton

mattgbr

mattgbr
  • Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 January 2005 - 11:00

I solved the problem by creating another installshield project for the IIS install only and it worked fine.

Thanks for your help.
Regards,

Matthew Burton