This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Product always gets installed in the default destination

2 replies to this topic

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 December 2001 - 01:14

In some machines (Win 2000 and Win XP Pro), inspite of choosing a different destination directory, the product always gets installed in the default destination directory. The selected destination directory tree gets created but the files are installed only on the default destination directory. In some machines, it installs correctly. I donot know what mistake i am doing in the msi project? Can anyone help me please? Let me know if you need more info to find out the reason. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Its really very urgent...

Thanks a lot.

rflum

rflum
  • Full Members
  • 40 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 17:02

Check that you have the event [_BrowseProperty] with argument INSTALLDIR attached to the ChangeFolder pushbutton in your DestinationFolder dialog.
Each component has a Destination property. The component's Destination property overrides the feature's.  Check that the component Destination is based on INSTALLDIR, which gets changed as a result of user-entry in your DestinationFolder dialog.

rbrinda

rbrinda
  • Full Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 25 February 2002 - 18:34

I fixed this problem. It was because the previous uninstallation of the product was not clean in some way and some components were still hanging in the registry.  SetTargetPath() will fail if if finds the same components already registered (See MSI Help). I fixed the uninstallation problems so that it will be clean when installed next. This solved the original problem too.

Thanks for your help.