This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Uninstall programdata Folder Directory

2 replies to this topic

Zathri

Zathri
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 January 2008 - 20:02

How would one go about deleting the directory and contents of:

%programdata%\ApplicationName ?

I seem to have read that you have to use a Custom Action because the RemoveFile table does not delete filled directories.

However, I can't seem to find a good tutorial on how to create a custom action script for a Basic MSI and one that will actually get the proper application directory on all Windows OSs.

Do I need to upgrade to an InstallScript project for this? (I read that InstallScript MSI is not a recommended format.) It seems unneccesary and a Basic MSI should be able to remove an application's temporary data if the directory is specified.

Files and directories not installed by the MSI are being left behind.

Thanks for your help.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 30 January 2008 - 16:52

The RemoveFile table supports wild cards, so you could delete *.* to empty the folder.

Zathri

Zathri
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 02 February 2008 - 06:27

Thank you, but since I won't know what the data files will be I won't be able to use it. I decided that I need to give the user the choice to remove the data files during the uinstall. I'm going to try to use the deletefile function. Now, I'm just having trouble getting the custom dialog to show up during the uninstall while using InstallScript MSI.