This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

-2146762487: Internal error in Windows Installer

2 replies to this topic

johngalt

johngalt
  • Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 December 2001 - 20:52

I am using MSI 1.2 on a Windows 2000 box (no service pack applied).  When I run the setup.exe, I receive the error message:

-2146762487: Internal error in Windows Installer

I found no specific information on this error, but assumed that installing msi 2.0 would resolve the issue, but it did not.  I also tried the Msicuu.exe download from microsoft knowledge base article at:

http://support.micro...b;EN-US;q269136

...which was intended to clean the MSI installer off of my machine so I could start from scratch, but still no luck.  I am at a loss...Any ideas???

thomash

thomash
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 16:56

Ok. Old post, but...

Is it just me or does mciuu.exe invoke msizap in order to "delete" otherwise uninstallable programs/MSI files, rather than the service itself?

At least it does a very good job at removing such files.

/thomash

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 10 October 2002 - 17:40

you are correct the msicuu is meant to cleanup failed installs not to replace the msi service.  if you search this forum you will find numerous posts identifying how to replace the service itself ( just remember that on 2k and xp there is the C:\winnt\system32\dllcache considerations ).

i was under the understanding that the win2000 platform shipped with the v2.0.2600.0 version of the msi service....