This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Conditions on Components in Merge module

2 replies to this topic

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 14 February 2002 - 08:16

I am trying to improve my SQLDMO merge module, after discovering that a SQLDMO (SQK2k) install breaks SQL Server 7...

I have created a property in the merge module (called DMOInstalled) and I populate it with the registry value HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{10020100-E260-11CF-AE68-00AA004A34D5}\(Default) to determine whether SQLDMO is installed by mucking about with the MSI tables in power editor (AppSearch and RegLocator).

This part works - I can tell because I added a textbox for the property to one of the dialogs in the main install, and the value is what I expect "SQLDMO Application" if it is installed, empty if not.

In the main install, I moved AppSearch above LaunchConditions in the Installation: User Interface and Installation: Execute sequences.  I would have done that in the merge module instead, but ISWI 2.03 doesn't seem to be able to do that for a merge module.

Then I added a condition to all of the components in the merge module - DMOInstalled = "" (I have also tried DMOInstalled <> "SQLDMO Application").

But, the condition does not appear to have any effect!  Can anyone tell me what I am doing wrong?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 15 February 2002 - 22:08

Look at the final MSI file with Orca. I guess your property gets appended with the module guid.

aglenwright

aglenwright
  • Members
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 February 2002 - 23:50

I tried adding the module ID guid (with underscores, as usual) to the property name in the condition, but it didn't have any effect, BUT your comment gave me the clue I needed.

I remembered something about properties being shared between the UI and execute sequences if (and only if) they were all upper case.  I changed the property name to upper case (in the AppSearch table, and in the conditions) and everything works fine now.

Thanks, Stefan