This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

unistallation

3 replies to this topic

chandra

chandra
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 March 2007 - 11:55

hi,
i am new to this installshield.
my problem is during uninstallation.I want some files to be retrieved during uninstallation.so just for checking i have changed the in component table attributes for that file to msidbComponentAttributesPermanent (16).
after this when ever i install and uninstall all those fies are getting retrieved .
i dont know where the registry entries are made for that so that i can delete
them.
can u help in this matter

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 24 March 2007 - 18:00

They are not documented and in general you cannot make a component non-permanent after the fact.

chandra

chandra
  • Full Members
  • 3 posts

Posted 25 March 2007 - 08:29

Thank you,
for your suggestion.
i have few more doubts in this install shiled.
during installation i want a dialog(designed by me) to be displayed . so i have created a dialog in user interface then i have included that dialog in
sequences->userinterface. but when i try to test the exe created by install shield the dialog created by me is not getting displayed.

can you please help me in this matter.

This is my actual problem.
i have to include a dialog during uninstallation after SdWelcomemaint dialog box . my dialog box contains options for removing registry keys ,profile settings.
after clicking OK in my dialog the installation should uninstall and also remove the registry entries or profile folder which ever is checked.

can u help me in this matter
thanks in advance.......

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 28 March 2007 - 15:40

Is your dialog not showing during install or uninstall? If you use the "Remove" button from the Add/remove Programs control panel your dialogs will not show because uninstall runs in basic UI mode.