This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Corntrol NT Service won't stop SQLServr.EXE

1 reply to this topic

randyhersom

randyhersom
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 30 August 2002 - 16:21

I have put components in using the component wizard and the Control NT Service to stop and delete the SQL Server and SQL Agent services for buth installs and uninstalls.  They cause the SQL Server service to disppear from Administrative Tools - Services, but SQLServr.EXE still shows up under Task Manager - Processes.  This causes Error "1306: Another application has exclusive access to the file D:\Program Files\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL$PPSERVER\Data\tempdb.mdf.  Please shut down all other applications, then click retry." when attempting to uninstall unless you reboot just before uninstalling.  Finding and terminating SQLServr.EXE from the Task Manager allows the Retry button to continue with the uninstall.
This is too much to ask the user to do, so does anybody know any code tricks that will REALLY stop SQL Server?  The SQL Server in question is MSDE 2000 installed by the merge modules, then HotFixed to version 667 by overwriting the proper files and running SERVPRIV.EXE and a couple of queries through OSQL.

randyhersom

randyhersom
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 14:57

It seems that Control NT services cannot stop SQL Server if it was launched by running the executable.  I anxiously await a merge module that implements all the hot fixes so that I won't need to launch the executable.