This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

jars and dlls delete after restart system

2 replies to this topic

sanjeevbishnoi

sanjeevbishnoi
  • Full Members
  • 30 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:59

Hi,

I am facing a certain unexpected problem with setup.My project type is basic msi project.After installation of setup i got a message for reboot now or later.If i restart the system after restarting my project some files

deleted automatically and my application not working properly.But if i dont restart the system it works fine.

Please suggest me any solution.

it's urgent.

julienpec

julienpec
  • Full Members
  • 36 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 10:49

That's wired :D

Maybe check if your setup doesnt need any prerequisites or drivers on your computer.

Otherwise, i've no idea ;)

Glytzhkof

Glytzhkof
  • Moderators
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 15:38

A scheduled reboot means that some change requested by the MSI could not be implemented directly. This generally means a file in use could not be replaced or deleted. You need to log this setup with verbose logging to figure out what is going on:

msiexec.exe /I "C:\Test.msi" /QN /L*V "C:\msilog.log" 

You may have messed up component reference counting or done something else to cause files to be deleted. Are you doing a major upgrade?

For help to understand the rather verbose MSI log files: http://www.installsi...ifaq/a/1045.htm

Edited by Glytzhkof, 12 November 2014 - 14:27.

Regards
-Stein Åsmul