This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Public Property Reset At Repair

2 replies to this topic

TheScripter

TheScripter
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 10:40

Hello...

I have a package where I set the shortcut path via a public property. I set the shortcut path at install time via the command line and the shortcut installs correctly to the new location, but the problem comes when I repair my package. after repair the installer resets the shortcut to the default location, also the modified shortcut remains. So then I have 2 shortcuts created, 1 at the changed location (via install) and the other at the default location (via repair). This seems to happen with my shortcut directory only, if I change the INSTALLDIR at install time then during repair also it is kept changed and not reset. The repair log shows that the costfinalize action remembers the INSTALLDIR but not the SHORTCUT_DIR.

I can find a workaround but is there a way that the installer remenbers the Shortcut dir like it remembers the INSTALLDIR.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 11 May 2005 - 14:26

In general properties are not persisted between installs. You would have to write their values to the registry for instance.
I believe that properties that serve as destination folders for component sthat are installed will be remembered (so that Windows Installer knows where it installed the files). But that's only true for directory properties.

Petch

Petch
  • Members
  • 35 posts

Posted 17 May 2005 - 16:37

Best way to do that is to author the property somewhere in the registry and use AppSearch and RegLocator tables to check the value of the property.