This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Install condition while converting from isp to msi

3 replies to this topic

adenm

adenm
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 11:57

Hi,

After building an .isp to .msi in the Repacker (islc.exe), it generates a Install condition:
MsiSystemRebootPending<>1

When I run the .msi it gives the following message:

"The installation can not continue because a system reboot is pending."

If I delete that condition the .msi runs fine, but why do I get that Install Condition?

Edited by adenm, 06 January 2011 - 16:45.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 06 January 2011 - 17:14

Not sure why it adds this comdition by default, but in general you shouldn't launch a new install if a reboot is still pending from a previous install. Does your setup also abort on a clean test system?

adenm

adenm
  • Full Members
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:21

Thank you Stefan I think we've solved the problem

I've just run the .msi on my cleanmachine (VMware workstation) and that runs fine.
The conversion from ips to .msi, and the first run took place on my host, so I guess that the problem is not in the .msi but my host.

As a test I've converted the irp to .msi on my cleanmachine and now the .msi is free from the MsiSystemRebootPending<>1 install condition
laugh.gif

So I think, the best way to convert from .irp to .msi is to do it on the cleanmachine or isn't that a good idea?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 11:26

In general you should always use a machine as clean as possible for repackaging.