This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Setting Web Site Properties during install

1 reply to this topic

ssalmon74

ssalmon74
  • Full Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 09 July 2008 - 12:47

Hi.
I am writing install script project with InstallShield 12 .

I added Web Site with virtual directory.

during setup I raise dialog that asks the user what virtual directory to create.

I didn't figure out how to set the value of the virtual directory name.

I found some tricks about using Proprty but I can't see the "Property manager" in install script project (only in install script MSI).

help...

ohmy.gif

bhoovi_s

bhoovi_s
  • Full Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 10 July 2008 - 11:47

Hi SSalmon

Through Installscript, create a Batch file and write the following commands to it.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs CREATE /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName "IIsWebVirtualDir"
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName/AppRoot /LM/W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName/AppFriendlyName "NewVirDirAppName"
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName/AppIsolated 2
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName/AuthBasic False
C:\WINDOWS\system32\cscript.exe C:\Inetpub\AdminScripts\adsutil.vbs set /W3SVC/1/Root/NewVirDirName/AuthAnonymous True

Save and execute the batch file using LaunchAppAndWait function.

P.S: Use the Drive and Folder names appropriately instead of hardcoding.

Thanks
Bhuvana