This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

what I get is not what I see

2 replies to this topic

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 19 July 2002 - 13:29

I'm using InstallShield Developer 7.02 and have a problem with the debugger.
I've made some modifications in script code and then want to debug it.
Build, OK, debug starts, but the debugger stops at a different line as it should and does execute the old code.
For example the first function to execute I 've added a message box.
This message box is not shown (executed) but the old code and the debugger stops on the line of the new added line.
When I enter an error in code, the compiler recognizes it, but the result is the same after removing the erroneous code.
I have deleted the setup.inx and other files to force a new generation, but all seems to work okay.
Then I copied the project, I tried to fall back on an older version, at last I reinstalled Installshield.

But I can't still see what this debugger is really doing, can't force Installshield to adopt modifications.

Any idea?

Heike

Dave I

Dave I
  • Members
  • 195 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 08:12

To implement a script change you need to rebuild, "Rebuild Tables Only" will be sufficient and will take half the time.  But, yes I know its frustrating and rubbish...Although Visual C++ behaves in the same way?

Heike

Heike
  • Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 22 July 2002 - 09:35

Thanks, but isn't there a possibility to reset the code chache or somthing like this?

Heike