This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Disable Maintenance Mode

1 reply to this topic

Brendantaylor

Brendantaylor
  • Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 17 December 2002 - 11:33

I am trying to disable maintenance mode in ISD7 as I would like to perform multiple installations on top of each other without uninstalling.

In order to achieve this I have removed the:

RegisterProduct action, RegisterUser action, PublishProduct action & PublishFeatures action

from the Sequence Installation Execute and Sequence Advertisment Execute views.

This seems to work fine except that; if I try to change the INSTALLDIR during execution (via SdAskDestPath), installshield always installs the files to the original INSTALLDIR used the first time the application was run. No error messages are displayed and everything is OK except that the files go to the wrong directory. Even if I change the INSTALLDIR in Installshield (via product properties, or installscript) and rebuild the project, the old INSTALLDIR is still used at run time.

Where is ISD storing this INSTALLDIR value?

I have also tried other methods of disabling maintenance mode such as deleting various registry keys but with the same outcome.

I have also tried adding NoAddRemove=y in the setup.ini file but this doesn't seem to have had any effect as setup still enters maintenance mode.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 18 December 2002 - 13:43

a co-worker noticed an odd side-effect of setting the internal ui level and modifying the ARPNOMODIFY and ARPNOREPAIR public properties.  when the internal ui is set to none and these modiy and repair public properties are set the msi will automatically remove itself with a double-click without entering maintenance mode...

i guess it isn't so odd if you consider that the maintenance mode is probably triggered by the double-click, but since the msi is already installed the only option left is to remove itself....

i am unsure if this might help you with your situation but ...