This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

dynamic setting of checkbox on SetupCompleteSucces

6 replies to this topic

steele

steele
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 July 2005 - 23:37

On SetupCompleteSuccess I use the launch program checkbox. I would like to have this selected by default for normal installs but deselected for maintenence installs. I have messed around with it for a while and can't figure out how to do this.

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 16:39

Remove the property that is associated with the check box from Property manger.
Add a custom action of type "set a property" to set the property.
Specify a condition of "Not Installed" (without quotes) for this custom action.

steele

steele
  • Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 July 2005 - 17:52

Thanks.

I had tried the custom action but still had the property in Property Manager.

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 01 August 2005 - 14:33

I'v the same issue even when I use the condition REMOVE~="ALL"
or NOT Installed

If I uninstall using ADD/REMOVE PGM -> no problem : SetupCompleteSuccess does never appear at the end but if I choose uninstall when I run setup.exe again, all the conditions I'v tried to hide the "launch program" and "readme" checkboxes from the SetupCompleteSuccess doesn't work.

Is there a solution ?

THX

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 02 August 2005 - 09:37

Ok thanks to the idea of Stefan Krueger I use a Property Custom Action placed at the end of the UI sequence with the condition "Installed" an that works for me. But I'm curious, why doesn't the "Not Installed" work in the setupcompletesucces behavior when uninstalling from the maintenance dialog?

Stefan Krueger

Stefan Krueger

InstallSite.org

• Administrators
  • 13,269 posts

Posted 03 August 2005 - 19:24

How did you use the Not Installed condition? In which table or view?

lavocat

lavocat
  • Full Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 04 August 2005 - 08:08

I'v tried to use Installed condition in the Hide condition of a checkbox control in the behavior of the setupcompletesuccess dialog in a Basic MSI project using InstallShield 8. I'v also tried Not Installed in the Show condition but with the same issue.

Now I've placed a new property called HIDECHECKBOXES in the hide condition of my checkbox. This condition is set to 1 in a custom action with the condition Installed. This CA is in the UI sequence between SetupProgress and ExecuteSequence. That way works.

Thx

Edited by lavocat, 04 August 2005 - 08:09.