This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Minor upgrade help required

3 replies to this topic

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 13:42

Hi

I am doing a minor upgrade to an installshield 10.5 project.

The previous version of the software is 0.23 and I need to update this to 0.24.
The name of the software hasn't changed
The Product codes between the two installs is the same
The Upgrade code has been changed
The Package code has been changed
The version has changed from 1.00.0000 to 1.00.0024 (this has not been maintained by previous install person and I am implementing better versioning now).

There are 2 amended files for the release but these are not being installed onto PC. When the install runs it states "this will run an upgrade .... do you want to continue", but it will not put the updated files intot he pc.

Why are the files not being installed?
They have new dates from this week (the old files are from January) and one of the files has a new version number (2.4 instead of 2.3)

I have tried minor upgrades before and this is the same problem that keeps cropping up. Can anyone help please?

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 14:07

--- have just double checked my files and it seems that for v2.3 there was no file versioning. But surely, if there are no file versions, the file with the latest date should be installed.

thanks for any help anyone can give

Donzer

Donzer
  • Full Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 29 June 2006 - 17:02

more information ... have done a verbose of the install and the log file states ...

File: C:\Program Files\Gpass\ContractQI.exe;
Won't Overwrite; Won't patch;
Existing file is unversioned and unmodified - hash matches source file

So I Understand why the file won't be copied SO now my question is How do I force this file to be installed?

wleara

wleara
  • Full Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 October 2006 - 03:51

Perhaps use the REINSTALLMODE=vamus?

The "a" means overwrite the files no matter what their version.