This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

ComboBox problem

3 replies to this topic

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 12 November 2001 - 08:19

Hi,
I'm using IPWI2.03 and I have a custom dialog on my project. The dialog has a combobox. The Combobox should not be editable. It should only lets the user choose those item on the dropdown list. I checked the ComboBox property table and it has no property to set the combobox so that it will not be editable. I also cheked the MSI help but I only found the ComboList attribute. But still I do not know how to use it. What can I do about this? Any idea?? Pls help I really need this on my project.

Thanks in advance. =)

Dyerald

Irina

Irina
  • Members
  • 227 posts

Posted 13 November 2001 - 21:26

Hi,
You can use Edit Field to allow the customer to type (insert) something but not a ComboBox.

Dyerald

Dyerald
  • Members
  • 43 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 03:44

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking time to read my post. But what I'm trying to say I dont want the combobox to be editable. It should only let the user select the item on the drop down list. ComboBox is a dropdown list with an edit field right? I dont want to use its edit functionality, it should not let the user enter values they want... What I mean it it should be static... I know its possible coz I have searched some ideas about ComboBox. It says that I can change the style of the ComboBox into a ComboList by subscribing ComboList attribute on the combobox control. But it does not show me how to use or do it specifically. Do you know what to do with this???
Anyone has an idea about this???? Pls. help... Thanks in advance =)

Dyerald

Ian Blake

Ian Blake
  • Members
  • 483 posts

Posted 14 November 2001 - 10:12

On the table of options for combobox there is a field 'Drop down list'.  Set this to TRUE.