This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Puntuation error in SdExceptions dialog

1 reply to this topic

Andy York

Andy York
  • Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 11:40

Does anybody know if it is possible to edit the text on the SdExceptions dialog? Currently when a read only file is discovered a message pops up along the lines of "....To perform the file operation. click the Yes button: otherwise. click No.".

Our testing team have said that some of the full stops "." should be commas "," but I can't see how to change this.

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 16:06

I've done QA and still do from time to time, so tell your testing team that's pretty picky and that there are better ways for them to spend their time.

In any case, simply add that event through IS's drop-down lists, specifically Miscellaneous | File Read Only, and override the default code to whatever your heart desires.

I personally despise that message and don't need it to hang our installs, so I just do return ERR_YES; every time so that read-only files are always overwritten or removed.

user posted image

Taco Bell

Taco Bell

IS6 Expert

• Moderators
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 13 January 2003 - 16:11

Well I though lost my original post to the bit bucket, but I guess not, so never mind this reply.

user posted image