This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Merge with Orca: ModuleSubstitution

1 reply to this topic

Matthias1967

Matthias1967
  • Full Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 08:25

Hello,

I am using Orca to merge an MSM into an MSI database.
Within the MSM, I have to use the ModuleSubstitution table in order to use properties from the "base" MSI in conditions within the module. There are no entries in the ModuleConfiguration table.

When I do the merge, the ModuleSubstitution entries are correctly used to substitute the declared table fields.

But the Merge Module components are not linked to a feature any more - there are no "additional" entries in the FeatureComponents table!
As soon as I remove all ModuleSubstitution entries, the FeatureComponents table is filled again.

I suppose this is a bug...

Any ideas how to work around this?

BTW: I am using Orca 3.1.4000.2049, msiexec 3.01.4001.5512

Best regards

Matthias

Edited by Matthias1967, 05 May 2009 - 08:48.

Matthias1967

Matthias1967
  • Full Members
  • 92 posts

Posted 05 May 2009 - 12:51

Hello,

Meanwhile I figured it out myself what happened:

My Merge Module was totally lacking the ModuleConfiguration table. This led to an error when the merge tried to search for orphaned rows. After I have added an empty ModuleConfiguration table, it works fine.

The error message is *only* issued if I merge from the command line and have set a log file. When I merge interactively, orca remains totally silent and lets the user think everything was OK.