This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

again error 1722

2 replies to this topic

amac

amac
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 07:49

The error 1722 (There is a problem with this Windows Installer package ...) occures on few workstations. It's not possible to fdisk the workstations. It's a very urgent problem, can anyone help me ?!

hambone

hambone
  • Members
  • 206 posts

Posted 07 August 2002 - 12:12

the 1722 error is listed as 'Available in Windows Installer Version 2.0 or later'.  i noticed from your previous post that this occurs on a NT v4.0 SP5 system and not on WinXP.  

do all of your NT v4 SP5 exhibit this behaviour ?  do any of the WinXP systems ?

was the MSI Product authored with, or take advantage, of  v2.0 features ?

i know you have stated that you are unable to upgrade the systems to SP6 but have you taken a copy of an existing system, bumped it up to SP6, installed MSI v2.0 and re-tried installing the package ?

amac

amac
  • Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 08 August 2002 - 14:09

thanks hambone,
there are different problems.
i develop on ISD 7.04 on a w2k machine. the end user has normaly w2k (in the future xp) but sometime NT4. some of the NT4 users work with SP5. in ISD i switched to MSI 1.2, my installation worked fine on w2k and NT4SP5. but on a few machines the error 1722 came. on one machine i unregistered/registered the msi and it worked. on the other machine that doesn't help. on the develop machine there is msi v2.00.2600.2, on the others v2.00.2600.0. the greatest problem is that the error case is not retracable.