This is a ready-only archive of the InstallSite Forum. You cannot post any new content here. / Dies ist ein Archiv des InstallSite Forums. Hier können keine neuen Beiträge veröffentlicht werden.
Photo

Driver installation

3 replies to this topic

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 18 August 2008 - 19:13

Hi people,

I have some problems installing a non-certified driver with WISE. I use the Microsoft difX-Mergemodule and followed exactly the steps microsofts demands.

My driver files are installed in my specified unique folders and also my drivers (two of them, one feature each, condition VersionNT>=500) are installed into the DriverStore. In the inf-folder there are two new inf-files according to those I specified in my installation.

When I plugin my device, the standard windows screen (new hardware was found e.g.) appears, and this is what I don't understand.

I assume that there is an error in my inf-file ind the inf-folder. The path to the assemblies specified in the inf-files in the inf-folders (named oemY.inf where Y stand for a digit) is like as if those files where at the same location as my inf file, but they are in the system32 folder.

Can anybody please help me?

Thank you very much,
Torben

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 20 August 2008 - 14:18

Hi people,

maybe I expressed myself a little bit confusing. So if somebody has any questions to what I wrote, please do not hesitate to ask. This task is very important for me.

Kindest regards,
Torben

Holger_G

Holger_G
  • Full Members
  • 155 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 07:59

What exactly is the problem?

If you install a driver package that does not contain a valid catalog file then it´s normal that the Found new hardware wizard dialog appears (if you connect the hardware afterwards).

Torben

Torben
  • Full Members
  • 68 posts

Posted 21 August 2008 - 08:25

QUOTE (nrivers @ 2008-08-21 06:59)
What exactly is the problem?

If you install a driver package that does not contain a valid catalog file then it´s normal that the Found new hardware wizard dialog appears (if you connect the hardware afterwards).

Hi nrivers,

thank you for your response. This is my first driver setup and what you said is new to me. When it is the standard behaviour that the wizard appears when the cat-files are invalid, then my setup works correctly.

Thank you very much for your help,
Torben